Among today’s other business updates: ATHENA Award Dinner; CHZ Technologies; and Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Ohio.
YOUNGSTOWN — PALO Creative, 970 Windham Court, Suite 3, recently added three new members to its team for a total of five new hires since fall 2020.
Troy Ledbetter of Niles was hired as national account director. He has worked on both the agency and manufacturing side of the marketing industry for more than 14 years. He will manage the marketing of PALO Creative’s larger national accounts and help extend the reach to additional new business opportunities.
Eric Hamilton of Columbiana County is joining PALO Creative as content director. He has 15 years of experience as an editor, copy editor and reporter, and 10 years of experience in content marketing and public relations.
Kayla Statema, a Warren native, is joining PALO Creative as account executive. She has two years of account executive experience and was the marketing communications coordinator for a group of retirement communities in central Ohio for three years. In her new role, she will be responsible for client account communication while managing projects, deadlines, budgets and developing new strategies.
Window World’s Tammy Whitworth to keynote ATHENA Award Dinner
CANFIELD — Tammy Whitworth, chairwoman and CEO of Window World, will be the keynote speaker at the 2021 ATHENA Award Dinner at 5:30 p.m. May 13 at Waypoint 4180, 4180 Westford Place.
The 28th annual event, presented by the Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber and The Vindicator, will include a VIP reception for the sponsors, nominees and nominators, followed by the public reception, dinner, keynote speaker, presentation of the ATHENA Scholarship, recognition of all nominees and the announcement of this year’s recipient.
The cost of attendance is $75 per person, and registration will open in April. To register, click here.
The ATHENA Award honors women who excel in their chosen field, have devoted time and energy to their community in a meaningful way and also open doors so that others may follow in their path.
This year’s nominees are:
- Danielle Adams, associate content manager, FactSet Research Systems Inc.;
- Nicole Alexander, magistrate, Mahoning County Court of Common Pleas, General Division;
- Michelle Alleman, library director, McKinley Memorial Library;
- Carla Baldwin, judge, Youngstown Municipal Court;
- Mara Banfield, director, Mahoning County Career and Technical Center; Valley STEM superintendent, Valley STEM + ME2 Academy;
- Erin Bishop, health commissioner, Youngstown City Health District;
- Ruth Bowdish, managing director, On Demand Occupational Medicine;
- Shelly Bradley, Customer Care Center director, AT&T;
- Jacqueline Burley, executive director, Protestant Family Service;
- Heather Craver, director of Mental Health, Cadence Care Network;
- Valerie Cubon-Bell, associate professor, Kent State University at Trumbull;
- Sara Daugherty, director of Operations and Economic Impact, BRITE Energy Innovators;
- Theresa Dellick, judge, Mahoning County Juvenile Court;
- Renee DiSalvo, judge, Youngstown Municipal Court;
- Angela Duskey, chief financial officer, The Muransky Companies;
- Cynthia Marie Fernback, principal, Boardman High School;
- Tricia Ferry, executive vice president, operations, VEC;
- Julie Green, director, Trumbull County Planning Commission;
- Leigh Ann Greene, director, Youngstown Local Office on Minority Health, Youngstown City Health District;
- Vicki Haywood Doe, president/CEO, Haywood Doe Consulting Co. LLC, DBA Vicki Doe Fitness;
- Stacy Howlett, president/CEO, Howlett Logistics;
- Brianna Komara Pridon, co-owner/president, Komara Jewelers;
- Karen Larwin, associate professor, Youngstown State University; owner, REM Consulting;
- Shirley McIntosh, IT field tech, Laboratory Corporation of America; mayor, Village of West Farmington;
- Meredythe McNally, gastroenterology consultant, Gastroenterology Center of Salem; owner, EmpowHERment;
- Lisa Resnick, Realtor, Burgan Real Estate;
- Latisha Weaver Bennett, CEO, La La Love Healthcare;
- Julia Wike, executive director, The Basement Outreach Ministries.
CHZ Technologies partners with national laboratory
AUSTINTOWN — CHZ Technologies LLC has entered into a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement with the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
The objective of the agreement is to use NREL’s high-performance computing capabilities plus data from CHZ Technology’s Thermolyzer technology to maximize the efficiency and achieve larger scale Thermolyzer systems. Such improvements will enable Thermolyzer systems to convert more plastic waste into energy economically, a news release states.
“We are grateful for this opportunity to illustrate how improvements in design of the Thermolyzer technology will lead to a global solution to waste plastics,” Ernest Zavoral, CEO of CHZ Technologies, said in a news release. “The technology currently recycles plastics and tires into beneficial recycled saleable products such as renewable syngas, and a biochar can be sold for a profit. The technology has the potential to be a waste industry disruptor.”
Geoff Tanner appointed to Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Ohio board
Geoff Tanner, chief commercial and marketing officer for The J.M. Smucker Co., has been appointed to the board of directors of Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Ohio.
The organization formed in 2019 by the merger of Clubs in Cleveland, Summit County, Erie County and Lorain County.
At Orrville-based Smucker, Tanner oversees the commercial organization, including sales, marketing, eCommerce, innovation, insights, digital, advanced analytics, revenue management, trade marketing, customer partnerships and retail execution.
“I am honored to be joining such an amazing organization, one that helps kids and families across Northeast Ohio,” Tanner said in a news release. “Boys & Girls Clubs provide so many opportunities for kids to learn and grow.“
Tanner earned a Master of Business Administration degree from Duke University and bachelor’s degrees in commerce and political science and government from Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand.
— Do you have a business announcement you’d like to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.