Visitation Guidelines at Lifespan Hospitals
With the number of COVID cases dropping throughout the state, and in accordance with Rhode Island Department of Health guidance, Lifespan has moved to a less restrictive visitation policy at our acute care hospitals.
The Newport Hospital campus is smoke free. Newport Hospital is committed to promoting the good health of our employees and patients. Passive smoke is detrimental to health, so our policy designates the entire Newport Hospital campus–both inside and outside the hospital–as smoke free. If you are a smoker and would like to quit, please call 1-800-TRY-TO-STOP (1-800-879-8678).
Newport Hospital does not restrict, limit or otherwise deny visitation based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
Impressive work from this publication.
Congrats, Newport Hospital!
The World’s Best Hospital ranking lists the best hospitals in 25 countries: USA, Germany, Japan, South Korea, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, Brazil, Canada, India, Australia, Mexico, The Netherlands, Poland, Austria, Thailand, Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Israel and Singapore. The countries were mainly selected based on standard of living/life expectancy, population size, number of hospitals and data availability.
The lists are based on three data sources:
• Recommendations from medical experts (doctors, hospitals managers, health care professionals)
• Results from patient surveys
• Medical KPIs on hospitals
• The number of hospitals awarded in each country varies based on the number of hospitals and data availability in the respective country. USA had the most hospitals awarded with 350, while Israel and Singapore were represented with 10 hospitals each. In total, 2,000 hospitals were ranked in this third edition of the ranking.
• Every hospital in each country is rated by a score.
Scores are only comparable between hospitals in the same country, because different sources for patient experience and medical KPIs were examined in each country. Since it was not possible to harmonize this data, cross-country comparisons of the scores are not possible (example: A score of 90 in country A doesn’t necessarily mean that this hospital is better than a hospital with a score of 87 in country B).
• Specialized hospitals like heart or cancer hospitals differ in their offer from general hospitals, and therefore are displayed in a separate list. This list is sorted alphabetically because Hospitals with different specialties are not comparable.
U.S. hospitals were also awarded as best hospitals for infection prevention if they performed above the national average based on six different measures. This recognition is based on data from 01/01/2019 to 12/31/2019, published by CMS.
• In addition to the country lists, the study includes a Global Top 200 list. This list includes a ranking of the 100 best global hospitals, ranks 101-200 are sorted alphabetically.
For the 2021 rankings, a hospital survey was designed and sent out to hospitals. The purpose of this survey is to determine the status quo of Patient Reported Outcome Measurements (PROMs) implementation in hospitals which are represented in the ranking. PROMs will play a more significant part in future editions of the ranking.
- no hospitals outside of the United States made the Top 334.
Like Newport Buzz? We depend on the generosity of readers like you who support us, to help with our mission to keep you informed and entertained with local, independent news and content. We truly appreciate your trust and support!