- Equity outflow continues for 8th month in a row
- Large cap funds witness outflow 9th month in a row
- ELSS outflow continues for 6th month in a row
There has been no respite in equity outflow which has now continued for 8 months in a row despite the growth-oriented budget presented by the Finance Minister on 1 February 2021. Equity funds witnessed an outflow of Rs 10468 crore during February 2021 as per data released by the Association of Mutual Funds in India.
The total outflow stood at Rs 1844 crore vs an outflow of Rs 35587 crore on a sequential basis. The assets under management for the industry grew 1 per cent to Rs 32.2 lakh crore while the equity assets grew 5 per cent to Rs 9.7 lakh crore on a month on month basis. The contribution of SIP declined to Rs 7528 crore in February as compared to Rs 8023 crore during January this year.
Here are the key highlights for the month gone by as per the data released by AMFI
1. Total outflow continues for 2nd month in a row
2. Equity outflow continues for 8th month in a row
3. Flexi cap funds witness outflow of more than Rs 10,000 crore
4. Multi cap funds witness inflow for 2nd month in a row
5. Large-cap funds witness outflow for 9th month in a row
6. Midcap fund outflow continues for 8 months in a row
7. Value/Contra funds witness outflow of more than Rs 1,000 crore
8. ELSS outflow continues for 6th month in a row
9. Equity + Balanced funds outflow exceeds Rs 12,500 crore
10. SIP contribution declines due to the last 2 days of the month being a holiday
Mr N S Venkatesh, Chief Executive, AMFI said: “SIP AUMs as also Retail Equity folios, are at an all-time high at Rs 4.21 lakh crores and Rs 8.07 crores respectively, reflective of the continued disciplined approach adopted by the retail Mutual Fund investors. This has aided in overall Net AAUMs rising 14.17 per cent to an all-time high at Rs 32.29 lakh crores. However, the monthly SIP Contribution for February 2021 has come down by Rs 495 crore owing to the weekend dawning at the end of February and the shortfall would get accumulated and reflected in March 2021 monthly data.