Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful, Andrade has been contacted about potential non-WWE appearances on WrestleMania weekend, but it’s unclear if any agreements were reached.
- The site also says that Io Shirai’s main event match on night one of TakeOver: Stand & Deliver was cut for time, because one of the earlier matches in the night went long.
- Ringside News was told that there have been no conversations in WWE about concerns that live fans might cheer or boo the wrong wrestlers this weekend at WrestleMania 37.
- Chris Jericho recently mentioned on Talk is Jericho that the TNT network wasn’t happy with Sting’s surprise debut on Dynamite in December, because the network prefers ratings over surprises. That’s why Paul Wight’s signing was announced on social media, and why they teased out Christian as a mystery signing.
- On the Getting Over podcast, Drew McIntyre mentioned that the face paint he wore at Fastlane was his idea, but he didn’t get it approved by Vince McMahon until the show was already on the air at 7 PM ET.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.